We are inviting applications for A Greener Festival Assessors.
A Greener Festival are a non profit organisation established in 2006. Our purpose is to raise awareness and improve performance of festivals and events in the realms of sustainability with a significant focus on environmental impacts.
One tool for achieving this is the Greener Festi al Awards. We have assessed and awarded hundreds of festivals worldwide in the last decade of operating the awards scheme.
The awards require on site visits from AGF assessors, and senior assessors provide feedback reports and recommendations to events.
We seek individuals who have knowledge of environmental management and sustainability issues, event management (festival management experience advantageous), and a passion to help events to achieve the best possible environmental practices in every aspect of their event. Environmental Science training is advantageous, and all assessors must be qualified to Masters level or have equivalent industry experience. Strong skills of using excel, excellent communication, and written and spoken English are essential.
Assessors are required to:
- Review self-assessment material that is submitted by the festival pre-event, and request any supporting documentation that is required (e.g. sustainability policies, past impact assessments).
- Visit the festival or event to perform and on site assessment in a highly professional manner. This involves:
- Punctual meeting with people from within the organisation
- Speaking with traders, audience, and sub contractors
- Viewing every aspect of the event including backstage production / infrastructure
- Comparing the on site situation with assertions and aspirations in the self assessment
- Always adhering to the assessor code of conduct and being professional, respectful, punctual and polite
- Complete the assessors form in laison with fellow assessor and AGF to grade the events performance, and complete a maximum 200 word synopsis of the event. This will require professional post event communication with the organisers or representative of the event to collate the supporting documentation required. This may occur some time after the event has taken place as events need time to collate and crunch the numbers, however it is the assessors responsibility to ensure the assessment is completed no more that 3 months after the event.
Assessors are required to complete the Greener Festival Assessor training programme prior to completing an assessment as a qualified assessor. This involves online or classroom training plus on-site training with senior assessors. Qualification depends upon the trainees demonstrable ability to deliver complete, fair and accurate assessment reports, and to conduct site assessments and communication appropriately, in a highly professional manner.
If you are passionate about developing your skills in event sustainability and raising the bar in event and festival sustainability, please get in touch with your CV, brief cover note, and we will be back in touch with more information.
A Greener Festival