We are inviting applications for A Greener Festival Assessors.
A Greener Festival are a non profit organisation established in 2006. Our purpose is to raise awareness and improve performance of festivals and events in the realms of sustainability with a significant focus on environmental impacts.
One tool for achieving this is the Greener Festival Awards. We have assessed and awarded over 400 festivals worldwide in the 10 years of operating the awards scheme.
In order for this to be possible, affordable and valuable for events, the awards require on site visits from A Greener Festival assessors.
We seek individuals who have knowledge of environmental management and sustainability issues, event management (festival management experience advantageous), and a passion to help events to achieve the best possible environmental practices in every aspect of there event.
Assessors are required to:
1. Review self assessment material that is submitted by the festival pre event, and request any pre event supporting documentation that is required (e.g. sustainability policies, past impact assessments).
2. Visit the festival or event to perform and on site assessment. This involves
– meeting with people from within the organisation,
– speaking with traders, audience, and sub contractors,
– viewing every aspect of the event including backstage production / infrastructure,
– comparing the on site situation with assertions and aspirations in the self assessment.
3. Complete the assessors form to grade the events performance, and complete standard feedback report as well as a maximum 200 word synopsis of the event. This will require post event communication with the organisers or representative of the event to collate the supporting documentation required. This may occur some time after the event has taken place as events need time to collate and crunch the numbers.
Assessors are required to complete the Greener Festival Assessor training prior to completing an assessment.
If you are passionate about developing your skills in event sustainability and volunteering your time and knowledge to help raise the bar in event and festival sustainability, please get in touch with your CV, brief cover note, and we will be back in touch with more information.
A Greener Festival