What We Do – Green Initiatives – 8th Plate
Want to reduce waste at your event?
- Get in touch with NCASS
- Read the information sent over 8 decide if this is doable for your event
- Contact your traders, appeal for an ambassador
- Secure ambassador (they will take the food off site to a pre—arranged charity)
- Look into using volunteers or the caterers bringing their surplus to the ambassador
- Inform caterers of the project. To estimate the types of waste have them ﬁll in the spreadsheet.
- Research charities 8 contact to arrange the drop off
- Send volunteers instructions
- Ensure the caterers or volunteers know where the ambassadors are positioned
- A few hours before the festival closes go round all the traders to gauge what sort of waste they have
- Check, record 8 collect the surplus
- Store it correctly in the ambassadors van
- Ambassador drives it off site and drops it at the charity
- Food salvage complete